IESE devotes significant efforts to researching the issue of the base of the pyramid. It also devotes a line of inquiry to the henomenon of social entrepreneurial initiative, which is closely tied to the base of the pyramid.
• "La cadena de suministro en la base de la pirámide", (The supply chain at the base of the pyramid), Miguel Ángel Rodríguez, Frederic Sabrià, Pablo Sánchez, 2004.
• "Social Embeddedness in Low-Income Markets: Influential Factors and Positive Outcomes", Pablo Sánchez, Miguel Ángel Rodríguez, Joan Enric Ricart, 2005.
• "Understanding Low-Income Market Business Model: Process Development and Main Components", Pablo Sánchez, Joan Enric Ricart, Miguel Ángel Rodríguez, 2005.
• "Social Entrepreneurial Business Models: An Exploratory Study", Johanna Mair, Oliver Schoen, 2005.
• "Social Entrepreneurs Directly Contribute to Global Development Goals", Christian Seelos, Kate Ganly, Johanna Mair, 2005.
• "Social Entrepreneurship Initiatives within the Sustainable Development Landscape", Anjaney Borwankar, Johanna Mair, Christian Seelos, 2005.
Further information on this topic is available at the Base of the Pyramid Learning Lab at the Center for Business in Society and at the IESE Insight.