Cookies on the IESE Website
Thursday, February 25, 2016
|08:30 - 09:00||Welcome and Registration|
|09:00 - 09:15||INTRODUCTION|
|• Prof. José Luis Suárez, Academic Director of the Meeting, IESE Business School
• Santiago Aguirre Gil de Biedma, Chairman, Aguirre Newman
• Ignacio Martos, Chairman and CEO, Tinsa
|09:15 - 10:30||FINANCIAL SOURCES FOR THE REAL ESTATE ACTIVITY|
|Stockholder's Equity: What are the requirements for a developer to be listed on stock exchange markets? Analysis of the SOCIMIs (the Spanish REITs)
Corporate debt: bond issues and other financial tools. Alternative real estate financial sources in addition to the bank loans (debt fund, insurance companies, etc.)
• Santiago Bau, Executive Director, Goldman Sachs
• Simon Blaxland, CEO, Uro Property
• Borja Fernández Espejel, Chief Financial & Strategy Officer, Metrovacesa
• Hermann Montenegro, CEO, AXA Real Estate Iberica
Moderator: Prof. Jorge Soley, IESE Business School
|10:30 - 11:45||INVESTMENT MARKETS AND “FUNDAMENTALS” OF REAL ESTATE SECTOR. ANTICIPATION OR DISCONNECTION?|
|The majority of current real estate investment includes a provision of significant improvement in “fundamentals”: rise on effective rent, fall in unemployment rate, etc. Is it a sign of good timing management, investment at the right time, or a mere effect of liquidity abundance?
Where are we currently in the commercial real estate investment cycle?
What are the common problems for the foreign investors in Spain?
What is the national investor's view?
Is the investment typology changing? Core vs opportunist investors
• Juan José Brugera, Chairman, Inmobiliaria Colonial, S.A.
• John Carrafiell, Founder & Partner London, Green Oak
• Ismael Clemente, Executive Chairman & CEO, Merlin Properties SOCIMI
• Borja Goday, Country Head for Spain and Portugal, Managing Director, Patrizia Immobilien AG
Moderator: Susana Rodríguez, Partner, Consultancy Manager, Aguirre Newman
|11:45 - 12:15||Coffee Break|
|12:15 - 13:30||IMMEDIATE FUTURE RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT|
|Path to normality. How to activate the sector. Big developers vs. Small developers. Real estate renting challenge. Requirements for its stimulation: favourable regulation (for example: big trading cost), taxation system, financing…
Where are we in bank financing?
• Juan Antonio Gómez-Pintado, Chairman, Vía Célere and President, ASPRIMA and APCE
• Luis Martínez Muñoz, Head of Residential Construction Lending, Santander España
• Concha Osácar, Founder and Member of the Board, Azora
• Juan Velayos, CEO, Neinor
Moderator: Prof. José Luis Suárez, IESE Business School
|13:30 - 14:45||HOW CHANGES IN LIFE HABITS AFFECT REAL ESTATE ASSESTS|
|Citizens are modifying their work, leisure and consumer habits. Is this a threat or an opportunity for real estate investment? What are the main trends? What are the best adaptation strategies? Big data
• Pedro Díaz Yuste, Industry Head, Finance Vertical, Google Spain
• Juan Carlos Fernández, Senior Regional Director South Europe, HomeAway
• Luis Pereda, Executive Chairman, Grupo Lar
Moderator: Ignacio Martos, Presidente Ejecutivo, Tinsa
|14:45 - 16:00||Lunch|
|16:00 - 17:15||CITY'S RESPONSE AND ITS INCREASING IMPORTANCE|
|The urbanization process is unstoppable. Cities will play a key part in people's welfare. Cities must adapt to achieve their role in a changing environment.
Restoration. Smart cities
• Ezequiel Dominguez Lucena, General Coordinator, Planning, Urban Development and Transportation, Madrid City Council
• Concepción Gamarra, Mayor, Logroño Council and Vicepresident, RECI (Spanish Network for Smart Cities)
• Carlos Lamela, CEO, Estudio Lamela
• José Mª López Cerezo, Manager Housing Municipal Institute, Malaga Council
Moderator: Prof. Carles Vergara, IESE Business School
|17:15 - 17:30||Closing session|
|• Mario Garcés Sanagustín, Viceminister, Ministry of Development
• Prof. José Luis Suárez, Academic Director of the Meeting, IESE Business School
IESE Industry Meetings
Date and Venue
February 25, 2016
Camino del Cerro del Águila, 3
The conference languages is Spanish. Simultaneous translation into English will be provided if a sufficient number of requests are made well in advance of the conference date.