The relationship between the company and the family deserves in-depth study. A great deal of analysis has been done on family-owned businesses with the ultimate aim of understanding how they work and focusing on their specific problems. The Chair has identified key areas for research such as the importance of the family unit in the continuity of the company, critical factors in the case of multi-generation family-owned companies and corporate social responsibility in family firms.
Chair professors and collaborators have accepted these research objectives, but have added their own concerns and interests. They make all their knowledge available to these entrepreneurial families.
The main areas of research are:
- Governance in family-owned firms
- Succession in family-owned firms
- Interpersonal relations in family-owned firms
- Ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Sustaining entrepreneurial initiative in family-owned firms
- Launching and financing new businesses
- Growth management
Family-Owned Business Chair
- + 34 93 253 42 00