Rafael Andreu Civit
Professor of Strategic Management
and Information Systems
Ph.D in Industrial Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Doctor of Philosophy (Management), Massachussetts Institute of Technology
Profesor Titular de LSI, Facultat d'Informàtica, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (currently on leave of absence)
* The role of new technologies in implementation processes: Capability development and learning
* The potential of new technologies for competitive advantage development and industry structure changes
* Organizational learning, capability development and the role of IT, beyond knowledge management
* Institutional development: Long term competitiveness and implications for organization design and managers? professional careers
* The potential of new technologies for the development of competitive advantage and changes in industry structure
* Organizational learning, capacity for development and the role of IT, above and beyond knowledge management
* Institutional development: Long-term competitiveness and implications for organizational design and the professional careers of managers
Prof. Andreu earned a Ph.D. in industrial engineering from the Universidad Politècnica de Catalunya and a Ph.D. in management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
His areas of interest include information systems and business strategy, new technologies and management education; strategy implementation; organizational structures and competitive advantage; learning trajectories and professional careers, and management as a profession.
Prof. Andreu is the author or co-author of several books, book chapters, journal articles and case studies. Recent examples include the case study La gestión del conocimiento de Siemens España (Knowledge Management at Siemens Spain), 2005, and the article "Knowledge Integration across Organizations: How Different Types of Knowledge Suggest Different Integration Trajectories," which he co-wrote with IESE Professor Sandra Sieber and which was published in Knowledge and Process Management in October 2005. The same year saw the publication of Prof. Andreu's book Líbranos Señor... ! (Our Father... free us!).