IESE Cities in Motion Strategies is a research platform that was launched by the IESE Business School Center for Globalization and Strategy and the IESE Department of Strategy.
The initiative connects a worldwide network of city experts and specialized private companies with local administrations all over the world, with the goal of developing valuable ideas and innovative tools that can generate smarter cities and promote change at the local level.
The mission of the platform is to promote the Cities in Motion Model, that includes an innovative approach to city management, and a new urban model for the 21st century, based on 4 main drivers: sustainable ecosystems, innovative activities, equitability among citiziens and connected territory.
IESE Cities in Motion Strategies Research Projects (PDF, 890 Kb)
Main strategic lines
- To develop a comprehensive approach to smart governance strategies
- To conduct research and bring innovation to governance strategies all over the world
- To identify and communicate international best practices
- To design case studies
- To connect urban leaders to powerful ideas through events and networking
- Research projects on smart governance
- Event organization and networking actions
- Creation of academic and training materials
- Publication of content on challenges and opportunities in cities
- Collaboration with international centres
- Participation in international forums