Senior Management Program in Health Institutions
April 2-9-23, 2014
May 7-14-21-27, 2014
June 4-11-18, 2014
The Senior Management Program in Health Institutions, organized by Fundación Lilly and IESE, is focused on general management and is targeted at analyzing the main challenges faced today by senior management of hospitals and health institutions. The program is aimed at improving the personal decision-making process through work on real cases and situations, in which the student actively participates.
Profile of participants
Addressed to positions of responsibility in executive tasks, coordinators and doctors, managers, medical directors and deputy directors, heads or managers of human resources, service managers, deputy managers of budgets and accounts, heads of clinical services, financial advisors, medical health inspectors and managerial posts.
• Provide participants with an integral overview of the organization from a senior management viewpoint.
• Develop a way to reason and act adapted to new senior management challenges as a result of major external and internal changes in organizations.
• Provide new knowledge and tools in the field of organization management.
• Develop key skills for the manager of the 21st century, such as communication, teamwork and leadership
• Provide an overview of the health system and benchmarks and analysis for decision making regarding the healthcare sector.
The training plan combines lectures-talks with the case method to discuss real problems in complex organizations. Academic material used during the sessions includes specific references to the healthcare sector and the analysis of problems in different sectorial contexts, to enable participants to reflect on problems similar to their own without the determining factors of their own personal dedication.
• Socio-economic environment and the transformation of healthcare systems
• General Management
• Analysis of the decision-making process
• Definition and implementation of strategy
• Information systems
• Economic control
• Financial management
• Management control
• Analysis and improvement of operational systems
• Technology and innovation management
• Leadership and people management
• Management of human resources
• Knowledge management
All sessions will be given by IESE professors specialists in the various subjects of the program.