The conference offers all participants the chance to sharpen their awareness of digital challenges in contemporary business.
It focuses on updating their knowledge about drivers of technological change such as mobile technology, social media, cloud computing and the enormous amounts of data triggering fundamental behavioral, social and economic shifts. Through sessions and discussion panels led by first-rate international faculty members, conference participants will hone the skills needed to use information to increase company value.
The conference will be jointly led by renowned faculty members of IESE Business School and Harvard Business School. The guest speakers possess a deep understanding of the newest modern challenges faced by business in today’s fast-moving global environment. At the sessions, speakers and executives representing influential global companies will motivate and inspire participants. The live panel discussion “Leaders in Digital Transformation” will be moderated by the Conference Keynote Speaker, Prof. Mikołaj Piskorski.
Thursday, March 20, 2014
|8:00- 9:00||Participant registration and breakfast|
|9:00- 9:15||Program welcome – Radosław Koszewski|
|9:15-10:30||Digital Transformation: Seeing the Big Picture behind Big Data – Javier Zamora|
|• The drivers and key characteristics of big data.
• Main challenges organizations face when dealing with big data.
• The power of big data in helping firms and individual managers to make better decisions.
|11:00-12:15||From Big Data to Competitive Strategy – Mikołaj Piskorski|
|• Unlocking the real value of big data to support competitive strategy.
• Examples of companies that have done exactly that and see how they benefited in terms of:
o Spotting market trends
o Sourcing inputs
o Product development
o Marketing and sales
o Post-purchase support
• The process for using big data for strategy.
|13:00-14:15||From Big Data to Small Data: Building Person-Centric Business Models – Evgeny Kaganer|
|• Business potential of data beyond analytics. Reflect on the difference between data-centric and person-centric mindsets in big data.
• Examples of how data can be leveraged to create new richer customer experiences.
• A set of design principles and models to help companies leverage data-rich customer experiences to build new products and services.
|14:30-15:45||Making the Vision a Reality – Evgeny Kaganer / Mikołaj Piskorski / Javier Zamora|
|• An approach for creating a vision and a roadmap for leveraging big data in business.
• Organizational hurdles and barriers in making big data initiatives a success.
• Key capabilities and competencies that business leaders will need to foster to lead their organizations in the digital world.
|16:15-17:45||Leaders in Digital Transformation – panel discussion moderated by Mikołaj Piskorski (followed by Q & A)|
|17:45-18:15||Program Closing – Evgeny Kaganer|
|18:15-20:30||Reception & networking with live music|
From Big Data to Smart Decisions: Leaders in Digital Transformation is aimed at 200 top executives, board members, directors, senior managers and entrepreneurs wishing to strengthen their strategic planning and execution skills in a challenging, digitally driven environment. It is open to participants in all industries, with a special emphasis on finance, health care, ICTs, insurance, marketing, retail trade, tourism and teaching and learning services.