Cookies on the IESE Website
Thursday, May 11, 2017
|8:30-9:00||Welcome and Registration|
|Prof. Fabrizio Ferraro, Academic Director of the Meeting, IESE Business School|
|9:15-10:30||A Global Perspective on the State of the Industry|
This panel, made up of analysts, investors and corporate leaders, will discuss the current state of the industry from a financial, economic and market perspective, and reflect on how to tackle the key challenges it faces.
• Massimiliano Caraffa, Director - Europe Buyout, The Carlyle Group
• Paolo Mascaretti, Partner and Head of Private Equity Group (Italy), KPMG Deal Advisory
• Luca Solca, Managing Director, Global Luxury Goods, Exane BNP ParibasModerator: Fabrizio Ferraro, Professor, IESE Business School
|10: 30-11:00||Coffee Break|
|11:00-12:45||Talent: The Heart and Soul of the Industry|
Keynote Speaker: Patrizio Di Marco, Board Member, Dolce & Gabbana
How has the role of talent changed in the industry? What are companies doing to attract and nurture it? What can be done to ensure that FLG companies are the best companies to work for? This discussion will involve HR executives from global fashion and luxury goods companies.
• Amanda Dargan, Customer Success Manager, BoF Careers
• Henri Devos, WW Talent Management Director, Gucci
• Sian Keane, VP of Talent & People, Farfetch
• Jeffrey Pfeffer, Professor, Stanford University
Moderator: Barbara Slavich, Associate Professor, IÉSEG School of Management
|14:15-15:30||Back to “Métiers” in digital, creativity, craftsmanship, and retail?
The industry is experience an accelerating digital disruption and firms are facing the challenge of developing their digital capabilities, and engage a new eco-system of digital-first players. At the same time, companies complain about the loss of talent in traditional activities in the value chain as “traditional” skills like craftsmanship, creativity, and retail remains crucial. How can we continue to nurture them while investing in the new requirements? How can this done on a global scale?
• Andrea Baldo, CEO, Coccinelle
• Sébastien Gautier, General Manager, Sisley Cosmetics
• Alessandro Varisco, CEO, TWINSET Simona Barbieri
• José Manuel Villanueva, Co-founder, Privalia
Moderator: Fabrizio Ferraro, Professor, IESE Business School
Younger Talent: Millennials, Generation Z and Beyond
Fashion companies thrive on their ability to lead the evolution of tastes through design and quickly interpret and respond to changing trends. How can they recapture their connection to younger generations? What are the best ways to engage them as customers, employees and influencers?
• Gonzalo Cebrián, Founder and CEO, Le Guide Noir
• Alina Franco, Founder, Vudoir
• Giorgio Presca, CEO, Golden Goose
Moderator: Teresa Sádaba, Dean, ISEM Fashion Business School
Prof. Fabrizio Ferraro, Academic Director of the Meeting, IESE Business School
Prof. Pedro Nueno, Founding Chair of the Meeting, IESE Business School
IESE Industry Meetings
M. Helena Andreu
Date and Venue
May 11, 2017
C/Arnús i Garí, 3-7
The conference language is English. Simultaneous interpreting will be provided into Spanish.