Professor of Financial Management
• Doctor of Business and Economic Sciences, University of Vienna
• Master in Business Administration, IESE, University of Navarra
• Degree in Business and Economic Sciences, Universidad Autónoma de Graz
• Certified European Financial Analyst
Professor Liechtenstein holds a Ph.D. in Managerial Science and Applied Economics from The Economics School of Vienna, Austria, a Master's degree in Business Administration from IESE Business School, and a BSc in Business Economics from the University of Graz.
Professor Liechtenstein specializes in entrepreneurial finance, management of wealth and governance of entrepreneurial families. He is co-author on several publications on private equity. His ongoing research in this field focuses on operational value creation in private equity, impact investing and governance of entrepreneurial families.
Professor Liechtenstein lectures in the MBA and Executive Programs.
As a consultant he collaborated with leading families and financial institutions and serves on the board of family controlled foundations.
Prior to his academic career, Professor Liechtenstein was engaged in the family owned Liechtenstein Global Trust (LGT) dealing with ultra high net worth individuals. He also advised families within the Boston Consulting Group and established and sold two successful businesses.
Areas of interest.
* Entrepreneurial finance, private equity and Impact Investing
* Owners/Investors strategy and family governance