Eduardo Martínez Abascal is Professor of Financial Management at IESE, since 1992. He holds a Doctorate in Economics and Business from the University of Barcelona, and an MBA from IESE, University of Navarra. He has also been a visiting scholar at the Sloan School of Management of the Massachussets Institute of Technology (MIT).
His teaching activities cover corporate finance, portfolio management and capital markets. During 20 years, he has taught in Executive Education Programs in Barcelona, Madrid, Munich, Shanghai, Lagos, Nairobi, El Cairo, Sao Paulo, Montevideo, México, Bogotá, and Washington D.C. among others.
He is currently the Academic Director of the PADE (Program for Managing Directors) in Barcelona and the Director of Relations with Associated Business Schools of IESE. He has been member of the Management Board of IESE during 12 years as Secretary General, Associate Dean for the MBA Program, Associate Dean for Executive Education and Associate Dean of the School.
He has been member of the advisory boards of several business schools (Nigeria, Kenya, Uruguay, Ecuador and Brazil).
His consultancy covers capital markets and business valuation. He is member of the Board of Directors at Grupo Nicolás Correa, Grupo AZA, ITC Group and he advises several other companies.
He has published 8 books, 4 book collaborations, 85 technical notes, 21 cases, 22 articles in specialized magazines, and more than 350 in daily financial press. He is columnist of El Periódico and has been a regular contributor in other media (Expansión, La Vanguardia, El Mundo, El País, etc.).
– Finance for Managers. Ed. McGraw-Hill. 1st Edition. 2012; also in Spanish 2012 (2nd Ed.) and in German in 2014..
– Gestión de carteras de renta fija. Ed. McGraw-Hill. 2002.
– PER y valoración en Bolsa. Ed. Pirámide. 2001.
– Invertir en Bolsa. Conceptos y Estrategias. Ed. McGraw-Hill. 1998.
– Derivados Financieros. Ed. Folio. Barcelona. 1997.
– Mercados de Capitales. Ed. Folio. Barcelona. 1997.
– Portfolio Management with Options and Futures. Ed. McGraw-Hill. 1993 (in Spanish).
– Weak Form Efficiency in the Spanish and European Stock Markets. Bolsa de Madrid.1993.