Training session: Capital IQ
The Library will be holding a special training session about the Capital IQ database next Monday, December 2, at 1 p.m. in Room G-302 (Barcelona South campus).
The objective of this training session is to provide a basic understanding of Capital IQ. S&P Global Market Intelligence representative Sergiu Dragomirescu will present the database's capabilities and functionalities such as:
- Report, lists and alerts creation that will help you in efficiently tracking and compiling data points of interest;
- Company overview information and fundamental financials and how to quickly find them, download them and audit them;
- Market information and pre-existing compilations of the same;
- How to use the screening tool to build bespoke searches within the universe of company and transactions data;
- The Charting functionality and how to track evolution of the main market and financial KPI’s for entities as well as mapping these changes to key developments;
- The versatile Excel add-in that allows for custom formula creation and access to pre-built templates.
The session will last approximately an hour and will include a Q&A session (ask anything!).
About the database:
Capital IQ is an easy to use, internet based, anytime/anywhere access to global financial data, research, analytics, screening and Excel plug in.
How to access to Capital IQ?
Access campus-wide and off campus, from the A-Z Databases. First-time users must register (clicking on “New User?”). Then use your personal account for future access.
Please confirm your attendance of the session by email to email@example.com or by phoning the Library desk directly (ext. 504423).