Alberto Ribera Azorín
- Senior Lecturer of Managing People in Organizations
Ph.D. in Economics, UIC (Barcelona)
Degree in Medicine, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Specialist in Social and Preventive Medicine (Mental Health), Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza
Certifcate in Personality Assessment, University of Minnesota
* Self-leadership: personality assessment and character development of managers
* Positive leadership: values, virtues, meaning/purpose, fulfilment
* Coaching, mentoring and therapy
* Stress and burnout, mid-life crises
* Management in Middle East and Africa, Business for peace in conflict zones
At IESE he is the academic director of the IESE Coaching Unit and teaches the MBA course "Personality and Leadership", which received the 2009 IESE Award for Excellence. He also teaches the Global Executive MBA course "Managing Oneself"; and executive courses on self-leadership, relationships management and professional coaching. He is the author or co-author of 9 books and more than 30 case-studies.
He has been invited as visiting professor or guest speaker at universities and business schools of more than 20 different countries and at international conferences like the World Economic Forum. He has taught courses for Enel, Compagnia di San Paolo, Banco di Napoli, Telecom Italia, Saint Gobain, The Arab Contractors, Egypt Telecom, BBVA, Banco de España, Enrst&Young, Hewlett Packard, PricewaterhouseCoopers and other firms.
He is a board member of the Istituto per la Cooperazione Universitaria (Rome), Harambee Foundation (Nairobi) and other not-for-profit institutions.