Coaching in a Digitally Transformed World
6th Executive Coaching SymposiumNovember 10, 2021 3.00pm.
In a world where technology is evermore embedded in our daily lives, coaching has gone digital too!
Coaching in a Digitally Transformed World will be the focus of IESE’s 6th Executive Coaching Symposium to be held on our Barcelona campus on November 10, 2021 in a hybrid format (both face to face on campus and live online).
The conference will open with a session delivered by Luis Ferrándiz, Professor of the Practice of Management of Marketing. Prof. Ferrándiz is a leading expert in understanding how existing companies can increase their capabilities to quickly adapt and react, and how their main leaders have to develop a digital mindset. He will be followed by Dr. Riza Kadilar, President of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council, one of the most prestigious organizations in the Coaching and Mentoring field globally.
The symposium will also include an expert panel of CEOs, human resource directors and senior managers from a broad range of sectors who will share their frontline insights and experiences of how digitalization has affected their areas, and how coaching is contributing to keep the ‘human’ in a world in which artificial intelligence increasingly holds sway.
Through an interactive dynamic, the symposium will explore:
- The demands of technology as it races ahead of our ability to learn and digest new things.
- How executive coaching has changed and adapted to this new environment.
- How coaching can play a pivotal role in helping leaders embrace these changes.
The symposium reflects one of the IESE Executive Coaching Unit’s central objectives, namely, to apply conceptual frameworks using highly practical methodologies. This influential gathering — now in its 6th edition — creates real value by harnessing the collective knowledge of business leaders (insights from their real-life professional worlds), scholars (in-depth analyses from the latest research and academic publications) and executive coaches (practitioners sharing ideas on being effective in the digital world).
We look forward to welcoming you on November 10, 2021!
COACHING IN A DIGITALLY TRANSFORMED WORLD
Barcelona, November 10, 2021
3:00 p. m. – Reception of participants
3:15 p. m. – Welcome and introduction
Dr. Estíbalitz Ortiz, IESE Business School
Prof. Alberto Ribera, IESE Business School
3:30 p. m. – 10 key learnings for a successful digital transformation
Prof. Luis Ferrándiz, IESE Business School
4:30 p. m. – Digitalization: An opportunity for democratization of coaching or a fundamental threat?
Dr. Riza Kadilar, President, EMCC Global
5:30 p. m. – Coffee Break
6:00 p. m. – Panel with executives
Mr. Jorge Becerra, Emeritus Senior Partner and Senior Advisor at Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Chile
Ms. Amanda Egan, Global Head of Learning and Development Web Summit, Ireland
Ms. Helena Herrero, Managing Director of HP’s Southern Europe Market
Ms. Marieta del Rivero, Independent NED to Cellnex Telecom & Gestamp Automotive –Chairperson of the Board of Onivia, Spain
Moderator: Prof. Sebastien Brion, IESE Business School
7:30 p. m. – Final remarks and closure
Prof. Alberto Ribera, IESE Business School
8:30 p. m. – Dinner (El Jardí de L’Abadessa)
You can find full information on IESE’s Executive Coaching Unit on our webpage. The activities of the unit are based on:
• Provision of executive coaching to strengthen and complement the learning of participants in IESE executive education programs.
• Research on the foundations and impact of executive coaching, the different assessment tools available, and the best methodologies in the context of management and leadership education.
• Workshops and meetings with other institutions. The coaching unit organizes a series of workshops and international meetings through close collaboration with other institutions.
• The publication of cases and technical notes. Over the last 10 years, IESE’s coaching unit has published more than 30 cases and technical notes related to executive coaching and assessment instruments.
The Coaching Unit relies on the collaboration of a team of more than 60 senior coaches that, besides their proven qualification and expertise in different methodologies of coaching, have a relevant professional experience working as executives in a variety of industries and corporations.
The Coaching Unit is led by Prof. Alberto Ribera, Academic Director, and Dr. Estibalitz Ortiz, Executive Director.