Professor of Operations, Information and Technology
• Ph.D. in Philosophy and Education, University of Navarra
• Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Organizational Behavior, Harvard University
• Bachelor of Liberal Arts, University of Navarra
Beatriz Muñoz-Seca is a Professor in the Operations, Information and Technology Department at IESE Business School, where she has been researching and lecturing since 1990. Her 40-year career has involved running companies, before she went into teaching, and advising them in different parts of the world.
Dr. Muñoz-Seca teaches operations strategy at IESE and at various business schools in Latin America and Portugal.
She has been an adviser to the European Commission and has participated in and led numerous international and national projects in her field. She also works as a part-time consultant in operations strategy, service design, and innovation.
Her latest books are “How to Make Things Happen: A Blueprint for Applying Knowledge, Solving Problems and Designing Systems That Deliver Your Service Strategy” (Palgrave, 2017), “How to Get Things Right: A Guide to Finding and Fixing Service Delivery Problems” (Palgrave, 2019), “Service Operational Canvas, the key to making money without compromising service excellence” (2021 ) and the Service Operational Canvas platform, soconline.eu.
Areas of interest.
* Service operations
* Operations strategy and implementation
* Knowledge stock identification and development for Service Problem Driven Management (SPDM)