Head of Marketing Department
Professor of Marketing and Analysis of Business Problems
• Doctor of Philosophy (Management), Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• Master in Business Administration, IESE, University of Navarra
• Degree in Industrial Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Carlos García Pont is professor in the Marketing and Analysis of Business Problems Departments, and Head of the Marketing Department at IESE Business School. His work places special emphasis on the importance of alliances in understanding competitive strategy, the organizational needs of market-oriented organizations in industrial markets and subsidiary strategy in global corporations.
He has also done work in the areas of strategic management and marketing strategy. Prof. García Pont has had extensive experience with both local and multinational organizations in his consulting activities.
Areas of interest.
* Strategic management: business development and strategic assets
* Building dynamic organizations
* Strategic alliances
* International management