Professor of Operations, Information and Technology
Indra Chair of Digital Strategy
• Doctor in Operations Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• Doctor of Sciences in Medical Engineering, Harvard/MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology
• Doctor of Industrial Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Josep Valor-Sabatier is professor of Operations, Information and Technology and information technology and holder of the Indra Chair of Digital Strategy.
He received his Ph.D. in Operations Research from MIT, and his Sc.D. in Medical Engineering from the Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology. Josep Valor teaches extensively at the senior executive level on Management Information Systems, Media Management, Management of Technology, and Strategy.
In in-company training he has been involved in projects with leading organizations like the Telefonica, Ericsson, Vodafone, The World Bank, Santander, BBVA, Oracle, Sony, Technicolor, Abbott, ING, BASF, KPMG, Henkel and 3i.
His research has been published in the International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Knowledge and Process Management and he has published books on the information-telecommunications hyper-industry and Information Systems management. His current research interests focus on the impact of ITCs on competitiveness and industry structure, with emphasis on telecommunications and media.
Prof. Valor served as the conference co-chair of the 2002 International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) in Barcelona.
Prof. Josep Valor is based on IESE New York Campus.
Areas of interest.
* Strategies in the management of IT resources: cloud computing, outsourcing and alliances
* Competitive strategy and IT/IS
* New businesses based on IT/IS
* Management of healthcare institutions
* The telecommunications industry
* Media and entertainment