IESE PMD. What Will You Learn?
The Program for Management Development (PMD) is a transformational learning experience.
Through open interchange with trusted peers, faculty-led debate, action-oriented learning activities and simulations you will build a number of key leadership competencies. Accelerate your transition to senior business leadership.
Two Journeys, One Destination
The Program for Management Development (PMD) delivers cross-functional perspectives on different areas of management, building your knowledge and broadening your perspective so that you can take on the responsibilities of a senior management generalist.
Before the program begins, you will connect with peers to lay the foundations for executive group work, using self-evaluation techniques to prepare for the journey ahead.
Explore leadership styles – your own and those of others – as you broaden your understanding of key business functions in the context of general management and the global economy.
Bring new insight and knowledge to bear on your personal and professional challenges and goals, and start preparing for a strategy simulation that will put your new skills to work.
Formulate your 100-day plan – a roadmap for the future built on deeper understanding of global leadership and a broadened, more integrative mindset.
Put theory into practice. Deploy new skills, enhanced critical thinking and a general management approach to business challenges in an exciting strategy simulation with your team.
Bring it all together, cementing your 100-day plan, delivering your team executive project and participating in a 360-degree debrief. Empowered to step up to the challenges of organizational leadership.
Take your 100-day plan into your workplace with full support from peer-to-peer coaching and faculty. You will have a new understanding, mindset, perspectives and approach, and be equipped to deliver immediate, powerful and sustained impact.
A Blended Program
The PMD Barcelona combines three residential and three online modules. Residential modules last one week each. For maximum learning, participants will need to dedicate an average of 8 hours per week during the online modules for case preparation, implementation of personal projects, and virtual sessions.
The Program for Management Development modules will enable you to:
- Have real-time dialogues, discussions, and debates with peers and faculty.
- Build professional and personal networks.
- Benchmark against peers.
- Practice tools and competencies in a safe environment with immediate feedback.
- Online teamwork simulations and executive projects.
- Participate in online discussions and receive ongoing support.
With the PMD online modules, you will:
- Access classes and video conferences through our state-of-the-art virtual campus.
- Take on self-assessment tools.
- Consult the online knowledge bank for self-paced learning.
The Case Method at IESE
In 1963, Harvard Business School formed an alliance with IESE Business School by adopting the famous case method learning methodology. Over the years, IESE professors began writing their own cases, making their own impact and becoming thought leaders in their own right.
These are some examples of how the case method is applied in IESE:
- You will engage in dynamic discussions about the business challenges you face on a daily basis.
- You will combine individual learning, team discussions and dialogue in an interdisciplinary plenary session.
- The lecturer will facilitate and guide the debate, encouraging everyone’s participation to enrich the discussion with different points of view and experiences.
Read more about the case method and a few examples used in IESE classes of real cases from leading companies.
The IESE Experience
At IESE, you’ll be surrounded by talented peers, supported by a world-class faculty, and challenged by real-life business cases. We’ll put you to the test so that you can reach your full potential.
Discover the benefits of the IESE experience.