Puig Chair of Global Leadership Development.
Holder: Anneloes Raes
Leadership development is of paramount importance, especially in facing the current challenges of constant company transformation. To build sustainable organizations and maintain employee commitment and performance, human capital management strategies require leaders who adopt a long-term humanist approach, imbuing work with passion and meaning.
The mission of the Puig Chair of Global Leadership Development is to help understand and apply management policies on leadership development in global companies. To this end, the Chair encourages research into effective talent management strategies that enable companies to secure both long-term economic growth and social progress through the training of responsible global leaders.
- To study leadership development and human capital strategies as a source of a company’s sustainable competitive advantage.
- To identify best practices in developing leaders for global success in leading companies.
- To assess the impact of leadership development on companies’ overall performance.
- To understand the processes enabling companies to develop a diverse, inter-generational workforce with long-term commitment to the organization.
- To reflect upon effective ways of leading in different sectors, combining the strengths of creative and managerial professionals.
- To identify organizational structures and governance mechanisms that facilitate retaining talent for top management teams.
Holder of the Chair.
Anneloes Raes is professor in the Department of Managing People in Organizations and holder of the Puig Chair of Global Leadership Development at IESE. She holds a PhD in Organizational Behavior from Maastricht University and a M.A. in Psychology at the Radboud University Nijmegen in the Netherlands. Prior to joining IESE, Prof. Raes worked as an Assistant Professor at the University of St. Gallen in Switzerland, and she held visiting scholarships at UCLA’s Anderson School of Management and Harvard University.
- Conferences: Spreading knowledge by participating in national and international congresses
- Alumni: Sessions in the Alumni Learning Program
- Teaching: Writing cases and other educational materials