Cosimo Chiesa has been a Marketing professor at IESE since 1978. He has a PhD in Economics and Marketing from Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi in Milan and a PhD in Marketing from Università degli Studi di Pavia.
Prof. Chiesa has extensive professional experience in management and consulting. His career began at the Arthur Andersen office in Milan, which was responsible at that time for all of Southern Europe. He then joined Star Food Italy, where he was appointed assistant to the president and was responsible for the company’s subsidiaries. In 1970, he moved to Spain to fill the position of assistant general manager and board member of Starlux SA. In 1978, he joined Martini & Rossi Group SA as assistant general manager and board member for Spain and Portugal. During the same period, he was the vice president of Marqués de Monistrol SA and Martini & Rossi Morocco.
In 1985, he founded Barna Consulting Group, a strategic consulting firm specializing in market distribution, sales management, customer loyalty and executive coaching. He is still the president of the firm today.
Prof. Chiesa has done consulting work and organized training programs for several companies, including Volkswagen-Audi Spain, Telefónica, General Óptica, Gas Natural, Banc de Sabadell, United Biscuits, La Caixa, Adeslas, Repsol, Crèdit Andorrà, Schindler, Novartis, Cadbury, Inmobiliaria Colonial, Epson and Verizon Dominicana.
He is a member of Top Ten Management Spain.
Prof. Chiesa has published eight books:
– Liderándome para liderar. El viaje empieza dentro de ti, with Carlotta Chiesa Ghio (2015), Alienta Editorial.
– Saca la crisis de tu cabeza. Claves para un buen Autodiagnóstico de tu situación y de tu Empresa, with Ludovica Chiesa (2013), Ed Urano – Empresa Activa.
– Protagonista o Espectador. Liderándome para Liderar, with Carlotta Chiesa Ghio (2011), Lid Editorial.
– Los pecados capitales de la venta. 40 errores a evitar en su estrategia comercial (2010), Ediciones Urano, Empresa Activa.
– CRM. Las cinco pirámides del marketing relacional. Cómo conseguir que los clientes lleguen para quedarse (2009), Ediciones Deusto, (Edición Actualizada).
– Dirigir vendedores es mucho más. Las claves del liderazgo comercial (2008), Ed. Urano, Empresa Activa.
– Vender es mucho más. Secretos de la fidelización en la venta (2007), Ed. Urano, Empresa Activa.
– Fidelizando para fidelizar. Cómo dirigir, organizar y motivar a nuestro equipo comercial (2002), Ed. Eunsa.