Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship
• Ph.D. in Business Economics, Vlerick Business School
• M.Sc, Industrial Management, Ghent University
• M.Sc, Business Economics, Ghent University
• M.Sc, Civil Engineering, Ghent University
• B.Sc, Civil Engineering, Ghent University
Prof. Neckebrouck is specialized in the areas of entrepreneurship, family business and governance. His work focuses on questions such as how boards can contribute to the decision-making of entrepreneurs, how family firms and professional investors can successfully deal with each other, and how governance can help entrepreneurial ventures develop and retain skilled employees.
He has published on these topics in top-tier academic journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Perspectives, and Venture Capital, and in leading managerial publications such as Forbes Magazine as well as in the World Economic Forum. His research has also received prestigious awards from the Family Firm Institute and the BVA Private Equity and Venture Capital Association for its impact on business practice.
Professor Neckebrouck is an editorial board member of the Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal.
Before pursuing his Ph.D., Prof. Neckebrouck was a management consultant in the telecom industry and co-launched a platform to promote entrepreneurial acquisitions.
Areas of interest.
* Entrepreneurial Mindset and Leadership
* Identifying and Developing Entrepreneurial Opportunities
* Governance of Entrepreneurial Ventures
* Venture Capital and Private equity