The Chair of Family-Owned Business is the first of its kind in Europe, and is aimed at promoting and supporting family business and business family initiatives. Since its creation in 1987, it has contributed with its research and publications to widening knowledge about different aspects of the family-owned business, at both national and international levels.
To distribute the results of its research, the Chair participates in numerous conferences, research meetings and other training activities. It organizes a regular specific cycle on family-owned businesses in the IESE Alumni Learning Program. The members of the team collaborate on diverse IESE Focused Programs, sharing their knowledge and research results at In Family Business, the Chair knowledge portal.
- Governance in family-owned businesses
- Succession in these businesses
- Interpersonal relationships in family-owned businesses
- Ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Sustainability of entrepreneurial initiative in family-owned businesses
- Launching and financing new businesses
- Growth management